Are you a grandparent hosting the 4th of July? Need some ideas for activities for grand kids and beyond? We’ve got you covered so you can stress less and celebrate the USA more.
- Banners for Parade – If there is a parade in your town, this is a great activity to do with our grandkids before packing up and heading to the parade!
- Bracelets – With some red, white, and blue pony beads and string, you are a one activity away from the perfect accessory for the 4th!
- Star Spangled Slime – We saw this idea on Pinterest from Mom Dot and LOVED it! A must try this holiday!
- Cupcake Decorating! – Cupcakes are the perfect DIY decorating treat. All you need to worry about is making the cupcakes, and buying red, white, and blue frosting and sprinkles! This is a fun activity for kids to do after eating dinner.
Games and Activities
- Sprinklers – Some fun in the water is essential! If you aren’t boating or near a lake, sprinklers are one way to bring the water fun, home.
- Red, White, and Blue Body Paint – This face paint from Amazon is a cool way to celebrate!
- Sparklers – Can’t have the 4th of July without them!
For Appleton and surrounding cities, check in on the Post Crescent’s website! Each year they release a detailed article listing all of the best locations and times to view the fireworks shows.
Remember to be safe this holiday! And God Bless America!