Summer brings fresh air and fresh energy to families and homes! It also provides an opportunity for cleaning and doing some maintenance on your home.
What are the goals of summer maintenance for homeowners?
GOAL 1 – Get clean and fresh air into the house. This helps keep everyone healthy and the air quality of the house good.
GOAL 2 – Ensure the barriers of the house are safe and functioning. We don’t want and unwanted summer critters visiting unannounced! Creepy crawlies, bugs, and furry creatures? No thank you!
GOAL 3 – Keep the exterior of the home clean. Not only does this brighten the curb appeal of your home, but it also help maintain and extend the life of your windows, paneling, and other exterior surfaces.
GOAL 4 – A clean home means you feel better!
So what ideas do we have to get you started on your path to a cleaner and healthier home? Let’s dive in…
- Clean exterior of windows
- Clean interior of windows
- Clean screens and check for holes (keep pests OUT this summer!)
- Wash outside of house – you can do this by hand, with a pressure washer, of have this done professionally
- Patio – like the outside of the house, this can also be done with a pressure washer, of have this done professionally
- Clean ceiling fan and air conditioner filter – this will be HUGE for improving air quality in your home!
- Gardens – get rid of any dead plants and foliage to make room for new things to grow!
- Lawn care – this included everything from mowing, week whacking, fertilizing, AND ventilating your yard! If mobility is an issue, all of these are very common to have done professionally!
- Clean your gutters – THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT THING TO DO IN THE SUMMER! Cleaning your gutters is vital for the health of your home long term. Doing this before winter is a MUST.
This list can be accomplished over a span of time. No need to do it all in one day- that would be next to impossible! Breaking down these projects piece by piece will help make the overall goal more achievable. If you need help doing any of these ideas, remember to reach out to a loved one, neighbor, or professional!